Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's only words...

Over the past year and a half, I have been really pathetic at keeping in touch with friends. I do not have many friends, but the few I have made are irreplaceable gems. Sometimes people allow you to take them for granted, but it’s up to us to draw the line. I have been guilty of crossing the line on more than a few occasions. The very fact that these guys still are my friends talks a lot about the people that they are.

No, I have not betrayed anyone in the true sense of the word nor have I cheated anyone. But I have ignored the cumulative effects of seemingly harmless actions. Not receiving a call will be forgotten the first time, it may only be forgiven the next time and it may neither be forgotten nor be forgiven the next time. From being a person who took utmost care in dealing with people, I have journeyed to become an absolute disaster at it. Each excuse chips away at the genuineness of an apology like nothing else can, so I stay away from attributing any reason whatsoever to my actions. Anyway, this is a much more a promise than an apology; A promise to mend my ways :) .

1 comment:

Pleasure. You are visitor number: